Date Night In | Wine + BruschettaWednesday, February 15, 2017
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #RMPSNewLook #CollectiveBias
For this date night, I had a little fun and threw together some Strawberry and Bleu Cheese Bruschetta to pair with Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet. This pairing turned out to be so good! The sweet, savory and a little crunch from the bread was all balanced with the balsamic glaze. Here's what you will need:
Strawberry Bleu Bruschetta
- French Bread Loaf
- Olive Oil (I used Garlic Infused)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- Balsamic Vinger Glaze
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking spray or line with parchment paper, set aside.
3. Slice Strawberries (or other seasonal fruit) into thin slices. In a small bowl combine strawberries 1 tsp olive oil and basil. Refrigerate.
3. Slice French Bread at a slight angle. We only used about half a loaf for the two of us.
4. Arrange bread on baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
5. Bake at 350 of about 10 minutes. You just want it slightly brown with a bit of crunch.
6. Once bread is cool enough to move to your serving dish, add bleu cheese crumbles and strawberry basil mixture to the top.
7. Garnish with balsamic glaze and fresh basil
Enjoy paired with Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet (look for the new label)! We also had a wonderful Rosemary Bread, Tomato Basil Goat Cheese, and fresh black berries. Put on a new movie or just enjoy a night of talking with your mouth full!
Leave of us comment with your favorite Date Night In recipe or wine pairing!
Other recipes and pairings can be found by visiting the Robert Mondavi Private Selection Website.