Outdoor Adventures for Your Toddler | at home and on the roadMonday, June 20, 2016
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummitX3Stroller #CollectiveBias
So, today I'm going to share a few ways to include your toddler in outdoor activities wherever you are and a few activities that are just for them! I also want to share about our new Baby Jogger ® SummitX3 stroller (that you can Save 20% on the The Baby Jogger ® SummitX3 at Babies R Us through June 30, 2016) and how it has been an absolute blessing for many of our adventures!
First, lets talk about a few activities you can do right at home or take with you on a trip to the park or a vacation or even just to visit family and friends.
Outdoor Adventures for Your Toddler:
1. Just plain old fashion bubbles are always a hit for any kid - no matter what age. Ezra has actually been asking for Bubbles and he says it, so when he actually says a word clearly enough to understand, you better blow some bubbles! I found this mixture of how to make your won refills that is tried and true on What Katy Said.
2. A Nature Scavenger Hunt. Whether you are at the beach collecting colorful shells (or hermit crabs in our case last Friday) or just at home walking the streets of your neighborhood or the local park, it's easy to look for fun things and learn about where they belong in nature. You can even print a Nature Scavenger Hunt! There are many on pinterest but I really liked this one for my two boys.
3. Make DIY musical instruments from found items! Using a left over plastic egg from easter, fill it (or any small container you find around the house) with rocks, nuts, seeds, sea shells or other recyclables and super glue it shut for your little one to shake (this is great for stroller rides too).
4. I created this Ice Chalk tutorial a few years ago (check it out, it's worth it just to see a toddler Jonah) which is a fun activity to do at home outdoors on a HOT day in the shade.
5. Create busy bags for your toddler to have while you are on the go. I love these felt Busy Bags! These would have been perfect for a recent trip or for all those nights we spent at the T-Ball fields.
6. A well equipped and comfortable stroller for is a must every adventure. Make sure you stock it with some favorite toys, water for long walks and hot days, wipes, and an extra diaper or two!
Speaking of the T-Ball fields and our stroller, it was invaluable when I was at a game alone with Ezra while my husband help on the field.
I was beyond thrilled when we got to try out the new The Baby Jogger ® SummitX3 Single Stroller! It has already been on SO many outdoor adventures!
The Baby Jogger ® SummitX3 Single Stroller work great on any terrain. We even took it on the beach.
The adjustable, multi-position UV 50+ rated sun canopy with peek-a-boo windows and side vents was a great place for Ezra to nap (under close supervision of course) while we were on the beach. He was getting a great breeze and double protection from the sun.
He was willing to ride and happy to get out and let us chase him at every stop on our vacation!
This stroller has Baby Jogger's patented Quick-Fold Technology so you can fold it with one hand. This may be my favorite feature of all! So easy to put in the back end of my car! It was also really easy for my to put together myself right out of the box. It can also easily accommodate my 4 year old and holds up to 75lbs. It's also slim enough to fit through a single door with no problems and much easier to maneuver than strollers we've used in the past!
We are so lucky to have already had so many great adventures this summer and hope to see some of your adventures as well! Share with us how you are taking your little ones along or keeping them busy right in your backyard!