Homemade Ranch Taco Soup #YesYouCANThursday, October 01, 2015
I am not an amazingly creative cook, but I do like it and one day when I have time to create awesome recipes without holding a baby on one hip, I fully intend to, but that's not my current reality. We rely on meals that can be prepped ahead, cook without too much multi-tasking, or require one pot and 30 minutes or so. Soups, one pot pastas, all-in-one casseroles are our jam this year! Homemade Ranch Taco Soup is one of our go-to dinners in the Fall and Winter. It's so versatile. You can eat it right away after a 5-10 minute prep and 20-30 minute simmer time you are good to go OR you can let it cool and store it in the fridge for the next day's dinner or the freezer for next month's meal. You can also change up the ingredients to basically anything you like. . . you can make it spicy with a kick or just hearty with a savory meatiness that keeps you full through the cold winter nights. This soup is not lacking in the protein that's of sure!
Homemade Ranch Taco Soup:
- 1.5-2lbs lean ground meat (beef or turkey)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 can RO*TEL Original (Mild or Hot to your preference)
- 2 cans Hunt's Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can Rosarita Kidney Beans
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Packet Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 1 can Chicken or Beef Broth
Optional Fresh Ingredients and Garnishes:
- Celery (chopped)
- Green Onions (diced)
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla or Corn Chips
- In a large pot, brown lean meat until cook through, drain excess fat (if needed) and return to heat.
- Add 1 Packet of Ranch Seasoning and 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning.
- With your burner on medium to low heat begin adding each ingredient, stirring each in as you go, DO NOT strain the water from your cans, just pour them right into your pot. If you are using fresh ingredients, they will need to be added first to give them more time to cook down, you may also want to start at a medium heat.
- Some of your key ingredients to add great flavor will be quality tomatoes (diced or Stewed) and your RO*TEL. There's just something about RO*TEL that you can't duplicate. If you'd like to add a little kick, you can find Hot RO*TEL on the shelves at Walmart too.
This soup is great with Tortilla chips, Corn chips, or corn bread.
You did it! You made homemade soup that everyone will love! So, next time you think you don't have time or the know-how to make a hearty dinner, think again because with this simple recipe #YesYouCAN! All ingredients can be found at Walmart for a great price. This soup goes a really long way, so it's also an easy recipe to make for a tailgate party or family gathering that won't break the bank. You can change up the ingredients to your liking, but don't leave out the RO*TEL (Mild, Original, or Hot), the delicious Hunt's Tomatoes, or the Ranch seasoning to give it that something special!