Rosemary Roasted Sweet PotatoesFriday, September 18, 2015
One of the things that always comes with the changing seasons is the need to mix up the menu for family dinners... like the change from cold summer salads to warm, satisfying side dishes. Sweet potatoes are a favorite for fall cooking. They are tasty, versatile and also a super food! So, for Day Five of our Fall Recipe Link-Up, here is one of my favorite sweet potato recipes! (Don't forget to add your own fall recipe posts in the linky at the bottom!)
- 2 1/2 lbs Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted or Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Rosemary leaves (if using fresh you may want to use a little less)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Pre-Heat oven to 400
- Wash, Dry, and Cube Sweet Potatoes. Cubing potatoes into similar sized pieces will help them to cook more evenly.
- Combine melted butter, rosemary,and pepper in a large bowl
- Add cubed Sweet Potatoes and mix until coated well.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet into a single layer
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake 35-45 minutes, turning potatoes with a spatula after 20 minutes. Note: cooking time depends on how crisp you want them around the edges, I like mine crispy.
Now it is time to link up YOUR favorite recipes!