Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream | No Machine RequiredWednesday, September 16, 2015
Welcome to day three of our week of Fall recipes! Are you ready for the easiest dessert you've ever made? This Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream takes minutes to put together and only has three main ingredients.
I have seen recipes for years for ice cream you just make in the freezer, shake in a bag, or roll in a ball on the floor. I have never tried any of them. So, I thought it was about time to see for myself what the fuss is all about and if this really does taste like REAL ice cream. I am here to tell you that it definitely does taste like real ice cream, except I've never had Pumpkin Ice Cream so I guess I'm saying the level of creaminess is consistent to good ice cream you could by at the store. I feel like this might have a more creamy - gelato-like consistency. Whatever the case, you will be proud of how it turns out! Here is how it's done.
- 1 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 c. HeavyWhipping Cream
- 1/2 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree (I almost always by this Libby's)
- Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice (OPTIONAL)
- Gather your supplies: blender, hand mixer, and a glass or metal bowl. Go ahead and place your bowl and whipping cream back into the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
- Empty your can of Sweetened Condensed Milk and 1/2 of Pumpkin Puree into the blender. Blend until well blended.
- (optional) Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon OR 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice and continue to blend well. Set blender aside.
- If you want your ice cream to be more Pumpkin Spice or Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream go a head and add a little more spice. This will just depend on personal preference. I just used cinnamon this time to break up sweetness just a bit.
Now if you are feeling a little more adventurous, nothing goes better with Pumpkin than chocolate in my option, especially when you add a little of this kind of chocolate. Go check out this post for how to make the crunch bowls shown in the picture below. That's a little Buncha Crunch on top too!
Don't forget to add your Fall recipe link below!
Also linking up with: The Wednesday Showcase, Inspire Me Wednesday, Fall Into Fall, Full Plate Thursday, and Share With Me