Shamrock Shake with Almond Milk and Nestle Toll House DelightFulls!Friday, March 13, 2015
Thanks to Nestle Toll House for sponsoring today's Shamrock Shake Recipe!
Have I ever told y'all how big of a fan I am of Mint Chocolate? I mean chocolate mint cookies are like whoa and then there's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and now there's this Shamrock Shake thing that people go nuts over! Then I heard about these Dark Chocolate Mint Nestle Toll House DelightFulls! They are dark chocolate with a little burst of mint right in the middle of the morsel. I might be eating too many of them straight out of the package. The caramel ones too!
Anyway, when I think of Mint and Green and Spring I think St Patty's Day! It's kind of a big deal around here. Here in little ole Jackson, Mississippi we have one of the biggest St. Patrick's Day Parades in the Country also known as The Green Mardi Gras. It's technical name is Mal's St. Paddy's Day Parade, Google it. Trust me.
You know something's become more than just an event when around it springs up an entire culture. The parade gives people an opportunity to express themselves in ways they can't otherwise, and over the years they have taken advantage of it in ways outlandish and creative and wonderful. From the O'Tux Society to the Krewe of Kazoo, Alabama Shakes to The Rude Men, the parade's been the epicenter for social and parading clubs too numerous to list. from malsstpaddysparade.com
St. Patrick's day is kind of like Spring making her grand entrance! Spring break has passed and we are full on ready for warm weather. Which of course brings back the longing for cool treats like ice cream shakes. So, I decided to try out any EASY way to make this minty chocolatey shake that takes me back in time and leaves me longing for Spring to finally stick around!
Author's Note: I chose to use Almond Milk and Almond Milk Frozen Dessert because I like them and we typically buy Almond Milk to drink. This can be made exactly the same with any kind of Ice Cream and your favorite milk. This shake is not meant to be dairy free.
Almond Milk Mint Chocolate Shamrock Shake
- 1 Pint Almond Milk Frozen Dessert/Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Dark Chocolate Morsels with Mint Filling
- 2-4 dropsGreen Food Coloring (optional)
- 1 drop Mint Extract (optional)
- Whipped Topping
- Finely Chop (I used my Ninja) Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Dark Chocolate Morsels with Mint Filling. Set Aside
- In a blender, add 1 pint Almond Milk Frozen Dessert or Ice Cream and about 1/4 cup Almond Milk, gradually adding more until you get the shake consistency you like!
- For a green color add 2 drops of green food coloring and blend - add more if you wish it to be a more bold color (or skip this step entirely if you don't want it green).
- Add 1 drop of Mint Extract to make your shake extra minty!
- Last, add your Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Dark Chocolate Morsels with Mint Filling and pulse ONLY once or twice. You do not want it to blend the morsels just mix them in!
This is such a treat! Show me your recipes and enter to win a Target gift card so you can get to baking! If you include Nestle Toll House DelightFulls (which you totally should) show it to me by using #delgihtfulls or leave a link in the comments!
$15 Target Gift Card Giveaway!