Stuffing My Front Seat Road Trip Bag using Paperless CouponsMonday, July 14, 2014
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #WalgreensPaperless #CollectiveBias
On Friday we are headed on a little road trip down to the beach for a short little getaway with the family. I am super excited about the trip, mostly because this will be the first time this year I get to put my toes in the sand. While the travel part is exciting (for the first hour anyway) the rest of the trip is spent trying to find ways to occupy myself and Jonah. Wesley always drives. He gets car sick as a passenger - so those duties just automatically go to him. So, as I am riding in the front seat next to him, it's my job to keep myself and the two year old happy! The best way to do that is to be prepared. So, this weekend I headed around the corner to Walgreens (used my Paperless Coupons) and stocked up on some goodies for what I call "Mom's Front Seat Road Trip Bag."
I don't know if my collection is quite complete but here's what I have so far:
- Snacks for Jonah - He still loves a good squeeze pack and they are perfect for the car. Pretty much no mess. He also picked some cereal bars and I found a coupon in the Walgreens app for both. Score. I will keep a separate bag of toys and books for him in the backseat - hopefully where he can reach.
- Snacks for mommy - Trail Mix - it's healthy enough but still satisfies the munchies when you are bored and just need that hand-to-mouth motion while staring at the same stretch of road for two hours.
- A new book (I've actually had this book a little while and this is perfect time to crack it open!)
- A current magazine. I did not find a coupon for this in the app, but there was one right on the cover this month. Thanks Real Simple!
- Lip Balm in a very summery flavor!
- Cell phone (I need to add a charger)
- Wallet with the essentials
Now, let's go back for a second and talk about these paperless coupons. I have been a balance rewards member at Walgreens for a while now. I mean who doesn't like discounts? For us, Walgreens is kind of a go-to when we need a few little things or cosmetics. Our neighborhood grocery is great but usually has limited choices. It's kind of an old school grocery store (it's actually the "Jitney 14" if you've seen/read The Help - it has a different name now - but same old store) and Walgreens is just across the street and we can save time and gas money but staying close to home. I always look for the deals with the card, but now I can do that right on my phone and know what I'm looking for when we go in.