Fruit Infused Water | Strawberry LemonSunday, June 01, 2014
I'm really trying to drink more water AND enjoy it! I am constantly thirsty and want a cold drink. What is it about pregnancy and wanting everything to be ice cold? Considering I also have gestational diabetes, water intake is really important and sugary drinks are a no-no obviously. I have been really interested when I've seen the fruit infusion water bottles, but decided just to kind of do it may own way and make a whole pitcher of Strawberry Lemon Infused Water to keep in the fridge.
- I just used a large handful of strawberries and one lemon for this pitcher.
- I also prepared the blueberry lemon but have not tried it yet.
- I washed and cut my fruit and added it to a seal-able container. I used the back of a large spoon (a muddler would be good for this too) and kind of smashed my strawberries and squeezed my lemon a bit.
- Added a little water and a pinch of splenda to cut the tartness of the lemon.
- Let sit in the fridge (I actually left it overnight).
- Strain the fruit/juices into a pitcher/container. (this may work better with a strainer with smaller holes or cheese cloth to really avoid seeds and pulp)
- Add cold water
- Refrigerate or serve over ice
AND just for fun I took my left over fruit and put it into the ice tray, added a little water and froze.
So combining the two, and especially when the ice starts to melt you get lots of fruit flavor! I just take a few cubes out at a time and it's seriously so hot here already that as soon as I am finished with the water, the ice and fruit ice begin to melt. It's like an automatic refill. =)
|Note: Jar is from The Mason Bar Company|
What's your favorite refreshing drink for summertime?