Easy + Healthy Homemade Greek Yogurt Fruit PopsSunday, May 25, 2014
By the looks of yummy little pops, you can probably figure out their ingredients because it really is just that easy. If you are like me you tend to over buy the fresh stuff. Like these Strawberries we got from the Farmer's Market. Instead of just freezing them, I wanted to come up a yummy summery treat for all of us since the temperatures are on the rise here in Mississippi. I've also been wanting to buy some of those cute Popsicle molds I keep seeing everywhere, but I decided our ice trays would do just as well, especially for the littlest of family members who will just let most of it melt all over their chins.
- Ice Tray (or popsicle mold)
- Popsicle sticks (or whatever you have from a left over craft or birthday party - I used cake pop sticks)
- Greek Yogurt
- or Other Fruit of your choice
- Rinse, de-stem, and cut your fruit. Drain well.
- In a bowl use a muddler or the back of a spoon and slightly mash your fruit to get the juices flowing and release flavors.
- Add your greek yogurt, folding in the fruit
- Add Honey to taste
- Spoon into ice tray
- Insert sticks making sure they are standing straight. It helps to even stick them securely into a piece of your fruit.
- Pop in the freezer for about 4 hours
- Pop out twisting your ice tray and store in an air tight container
Enjoy this cool and filling snack on a warm day!
|Great treat for Memorial Day or Fourth of July Parties|
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!