Catch the Moment 365 | Week TwoFriday, January 17, 2014
Another week has come and gone and things have not slowed down a bit in this new year. Work has been super busy this week and I have been waking up so tired, but we are pushing through. I am still so excited about Catch the Moment 365 and hope you are too or at least enjoy seeing our photos.
8|365 Wesley in his "ladies" tie. He recently switched to a management position and dresses like this 3 days a week now! I like it but it's kind of expensive to go from wearing a company provided uniform to $500 suits. ouch.
10|365 In an attempt to mix it up and capture a big part of our lives, I thought I'd sneak a shot of this guy. I am embracing low light and I actually love how this turned out (even if it is a little gritty).
11|365 We attended my nephew Clark's birthday party on Saturday at The Little Gym and somebody was exhausted. He napped until after 6pm. At least it was the weekend.
12|365 Sunday we cleaned out Jonah's room and disassembled his crib. I've still got a little decorating to do since the crib took up so much of the wall, but so far Jonah is loving his little bed. It's just a platform bed Wesley's built (with my instructions) but it's not too far to roll off (which has only happened once). He's slept in it every night since (only got into our bed twice - which is actually normal and not triggered by the bed change).
13|365 Rainy Monday! I let him put his boots on and rain jacket and splish splash all the way to the car. I was pretty late to work, but we got our little moment and I'm okay with that!
14|365 Back to school on a cold Thursday morning! He was all smiles and looked so dapper in his navy.
I hope your week was as great as ours and the you took the time to Catch the Moment!
As part of supporting and encouraging our 365 group my co-hosts and I thought it would be a good idea to have a weekly (optional) prompt or inspiration to help us stay creative in our photography and boost us out of our funks! We proposed the idea to the group and made a list of 52 prompts! I decided that we should make our prompts pretty, so here is a list of prompts by week and an inspiration printable for inspiring your photography.
|Web Version. Pin It! Click here for printable 8x10|
|This is the Web Version. Pin It! Share It! Click here for printable 8x10|
Print them and use them as you wish, however, I do ask that if you will please mention one of our blogs!
Now Down to Business
Every Friday Sarah, Mindi, and I will host a place for photographers of all kinds to share, explore, grow and connect. Our common goal: one photo, every day, for three hundred and sixty five days. Whether you are using a fancy smancy professional camera, your first DSLR, a point and shoot, or your ever-so-handy phone camera, we want to see your photos! We want to see the moments you caught each day. How amazing will it be to see each of us accomplish something that seems so big?
Here are a few guidelines for bloggers:
- Link up the blog post including your photos taken the previous week (Wednesday – Tuesday). Please link the direct blog post, not your homepage and select your favorite from the week as your thumbnail!
- Use our Catch the Moment 365 button or link back to one of your three hosts (Nurse Loves Farmer, Behind the Camera and Dreaming or SimplyStavish) somewhere within the post.
- By adding your link you are giving permission for your blog post and/or photos to be featured if we choose to do so. Watermarks will never be removed and photos never manipulated in any way.
- The weekly link up will be open Friday mornings and close Thursday before midnight and you can add your link on any of your hosts’ blogs.
- If you get behind, you can choose to take multiple photos in one day or just start that day where you left off and keep counting.
- If you miss a week (or two) of posting on your blog feel free to share multiple weeks in one post.
- Most importantly, have fun, and support each other! Don't forget to visit the other participants, and leave some comment love! The more you participate the more feedback and encouragement you will get!
Guidelines for sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram:
- If you are sharing a blog post or just a daily photo, use #catchthemoment365. That way we can all connect, comment, and support each other on social media.
- You can additionally choose a personal hashtag that will link your own photos from each day and post throughout the year (ie: #catchthemoment365BTCAD, #catchthemoment365stavish, #nurselovesfmr365).