It's more just make at home than really "homemade" because there is very little actual cooking involved here.
- 1 pizza crust mix (or pre-made pizza crust)
- Chicken (I used canned chicken, but have used the precooked rotisserie chicken from Walmart or Kroger)
- 1 bag mozzarella
- 1 bag mild cheddar or colby mix
- bacon bits (or cooked crumbled bacon)
- 1 cup sweet bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- red onion (to taste)
- small can pineapple tidbits
- 1 teaspoon basil (not pictured)
- Prepare crust according to package.
- Brush on olive oil to edge of crust
- Spread bbq sauce liberally
- Add 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Drain chicken of all moisture, shred by hand, add on top of cheese
- Add remaining mozzarella cheese
- Add all other toppings: bacon, pineapple, red onion, cheddar cheese (about 1/4 of a cup), and basil
- Heat in oven at 425 until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted!
Some notes:This is something I've made several times recently because it's just easy. I use the crust mix because it's only 98 cents and you can do separate pizza's for different people. For example Wesley likes a thicker less crispy crust, more meat and less pineapple, so I cooked each of us one and was able to make mine smaller.It does make it take a little longer to prepare compared to premade.
Also, Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce is simply the best there is, but we had this in the fridge.
PS. When making this I pulled out some of the toppings for Jonah to have with his dinner because well...toothless babies can't eat pizza! lol He LOVED the canned chicken. I'm sure because it's super salty. bad mommy.