I decided to play a little. For edit me, most of the time, I like to use picmonkey because everyone can use it (it's free). I created a kind of pop art look from this photo submitted by last week's winner, Larissa.
1. Cropped out the people. This could be printed as an 8x10.
2. Increased the brights and contrast.
3. Go to Effects tab - Curves Adjustment: again increase the brights and the darks - making a slight "s" curve.
4. Posterize: Adjust to your own liking but less details make it look more like a drawing.
5. I then used the Film Stock Effect at 50% to give a little more pop.
6. You'll notice at this point the sky is pretty washed out. That happens anytime you bright a whole photo, so I added a Tint and erased it from the balloon.
7. Added text!
Cute in a frame for a kiddos room! You could do this with any photo for a little abstract twist! It would also make a cute blog button.
|The before and after!|
Don't for get to:
If you are looking for a wordless wednesday link up check these out: