Edit Me Challenge Week 22!Thursday, May 31, 2012
I have come to love Sarah Hudson's blog The Stiles Files. She posts beautiful photos constantly! Her two littles are cute and obviously the lights of her life! She is an amazing photographer and a really nice person to boot! We are so happy to have her as our judge this week over on the Edit Me Challenge blog. I know we are recovering from a long weekend and holiday, but please take the time to head on over and give it a go! Even though I'm not eligible for judging, I just had to!
I'm on my lunch break at work, so I used PicMonkey.com - which I totally love anyway!
Here's Sarah's original photo:
- Sharpened and Clarified quite a bit. I knew I wanted to go for something dramatic.
- Straightened the horizon a little - then I cropped it so the straightening really didn't matter much.
- Increased the highlights until the sky disappeared to white - this is when I knew I'd go for a texture.
- Added warmth using the temperature slider
- Used the Dusk effect - faded to about 55-60 %
- Used the Urbane effect for a little burnt edges effect and faded it about 75 %
- Next I posterized it! With the details slider alll the way to the right. I did not fade this effect at all.
- Added one of the papyrus textures on multiply- This one just happened to look like sky! awesome. Faded it to taste.
Question? Do you start editing a photo with an ultimate picture in mind or do you just go with the flow and get inspired along the way?